2023-24 MOTM Winner

weeyin

Now we are back in pre-season, thought it might be useful to post last season's MOTM tally! As always there are a few results that may (or may not) raise an eyebrow. The complex formula I used was 3 for a win, 2 for second, 1 for third.

Georgie Gent was the overall winner, with Spittal and Bair 2nd and 3rd.

Mugabi consistently picked up points throughput the season to share 4th with Slattery.

Slattery himself might have run away with it, but still gathered an impressive total considering his last appearance was Jan 2nd.

Full breakdown as follows:

Georgie Gent 31
Blair Spittal 28
Theo Bair 24
Bevis Mugabi 23
Callum Slattery 23
Harry Paton 21
Liam Kelly 20
Lennon Miller 19
Mika Biereth  19
Dan Casey 15
Davor Zdravkovski 15
Stephen O'Donnell 13
Paul McGinn 13
Jack Vale 12
Shane Blaney 6
Brodie Spencer 5
Calum Butcher 4
Ewan Wilson 3
Adam Devine 2
Luca Ross 1
Conor Wilkinson 1
Adam Montgomery 1
Andy Halliday 1
Sam Nicholson 1
  • Like 1

Quite interesting, as Stephen Fry used to say. No great surprise as to the top three but positions four to seven are occupied by the most maligned players we had last year (minus SOD). The only other thing I was a bit surprised at was how low McGinn was in the list.

These things are always going to be skewed by injuries, players leaving and personal likes / dislikes, but it probably reflects quite well what we, as fans, see on the park.

Thanks for going to the trouble of totting the MoTMs al up. Gent certainly gave us some real attacking options in the absence of a winger. Pity he's unlikely to return on loan or as a signed player.

I suspect Lennon Miller might have given him a run for his money if he hadn't been absent for over a month with his injury.

• 3 weeks later...

When I'm voting on here I just go for whoever I think was best but on my season spreadsheets I use the rating from Who Scored and their man of the match list was as follows.  I've not go to the trouble of collating the top three from every match, just the top player.

Spittal - 12

Gent - 6

Kelly - 5

Bair - 4

Biereth - 2

Blaney - 2

Mugabi - 2

Casey - 1

Miller - 1

Paton - 1

Wilkinson - 1

Nicholson - 1