L Cup Motherwell v FC Edinburgh 13/07/2024

SteelmaninOZ

8 minutes ago, steelboy said:

If it works as well as last season then we'll be looking for a new manager. 

You mean being the 3rd highest scorers in the league?

I'd settle for that again.

• Like 1

It's great to get back to the real stuff. I think we have done relatively well in the group stages since they were introduced only real slip ups I remember are against Rangers and Airdrie and Stranraer winning that bonus point in pens obviously a few tight affairs in there. 

I don't know much about this Edinburgh City side but they had a really poor season last year and had many issues off it as well. 

Confident we should have the quality to get off to a positive start. A clean sheet would be most welcome. 

29 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Offt that midfield. 1 up front at home to Edinburgh City. 

No Seddon in the squad which is a worry. 

It wouldn’t be like us to recruit another crock who spends more time injured now would it? :rolleyes:

Like I said earlier this is isn’t going to be pretty today even against such weak opposition. 

Pretty standard stuff for this early in the season really, so no surprises there. 

I'm quite impressed by young Dylan Wells. He's looked good so far this game. Balmer looks good at the back and a threat at set pieces. 

48 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

What was their keeper doing? 

Planning his Just East order for later on.

The lack of creativity is a big problem. Wells grew into the game and was impressive second half. There's not really much else to take from that other than Edinburgh City will be getting relegated again.  

• SteelmaninOZ changed the title to L Cup Motherwell v FC Edinburgh 13/07/2024