L Cup Clyde v Motherwell 20/07/2024

SteelmaninOZ

• SteelmaninOZ changed the title to L Cup Clyde v Motherwell 20/07/2024

I share the same concerns many posters have expressed about our start to this season, but the chances are that Edinburgh City didn't put 11 men behind the ball and park the bus from kick off last night. 

• Like 1

The league cup is always tricky as you have to navigate getting players minutes, no aggravating any minor injuries, whilst at the same time trying to win games and top the group.

Already having 6 players with injuries before we started only made things that bit trickier.

I would hope as players return to full fitness we will see some changes to personnel. Until then we just need to stay patient and see what transpires.

If we go into our first league game with a loan striker supported by Paron and Halliday, then I will start to get concerned.

Clyde are a step up from Edinburgh and Montrose, hopefully we will see the same progression from our team.

A new signing before then would help improve the mood!

11 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I share the same concerns many posters have expressed about our start to this season, but the chances are that Edinburgh City didn't put 11 men behind the ball and park the bus from kick off last night. 

Maybe Clyde played more than 1 attacker?

4 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

The league cup is always tricky as you have to navigate getting players minutes, no aggravating any minor injuries, whilst at the same time trying to win games and top the group.

Already having 6 players with injuries before we started only made things that bit trickier.

I would hope as players return to full fitness we will see some changes to personnel. Until then we just need to stay patient and see what transpires.

If we go into our first league game with a loan striker supported by Paron and Halliday, then I will start to get concerned.

Clyde are a step up from Edinburgh and Montrose, hopefully we will see the same progression from our team.

A new signing before then would help improve the mood!

Don't know if Clyde are a step up on either.  They were lucky to stay in the league last season.  Montrose are certainly a lot better, you can argue the case for Edinburgh I suppose but while they were a bit of a catastrophe club last term it was in a league up the pyramid.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, steelboy said:

Maybe Clyde played more than 1 attacker?

Looks like they played a 4-3-3 and all their attackers scored. Maybe Kettlewell could learn something from Ian McCall.

5 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Of those 3 Montrose are the best side, Clyde only just avoided the playoff and possible relegation to the Lowland League, which is where Edinburgh City are heading if they stay in business long enough as they are brutal, a team of teenagers.

The only thing you can take from Clyde scoring 5 is how bad EC must be.

We will win the group, we might not get one of the seeded spots but that's par for the course for us, avoid the ugly sisters and Hearts and it's game on against any of the rest.

49 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Kettlewell should get sacked win or lose if he plays one up front today 

There's seats on the club board up for grabs and we could do with someone as level-headed as yourself driving the club forward.

• Haha 3

I suspect Clyde will play a similar game to Ediburgh City and Montrose. They'll also have the benefit of having see us struggle against those 2 sides.

I wonder if any of our injured players will be fit enough to make an appearance? We certainly need more presence up front, a more offensive/creative midfield and more pace from the wing backs. So, more of the same won't do. Will Kaleta be fit? Will we play play 2 up front? Will Stuparevic start? Whatever, we need to shake it up a bit. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MJC said:

Think we’ll get beat.

Thats it started and its only 20th of July. Its going to be a loooong season. 

ps. I reserve the right to retract this statement if we get pumped today.