L Cup Clyde v Motherwell 20/07/2024

SteelmaninOZ

2 minutes ago, wellfan said:

The problems of last season remain regardless of the signings because we’ve got the same manager and approach to games. It’s that simple. 

Sadly true and that’s why this is going to be another long, difficult season. 

Just now, MJC said:

Sadly true and that’s why this is going to be another long, difficult season. 

A competent board would’ve punted him during the appalling winless run last season, but we all know that we don’t have a competent board. 

Nothing material has changed so we should expect the same season as last. All signs suggest that thoughts of achieving anything greater than last season are wishful thinking. 

5 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Balmer should be on the park. The only person who can’t see that is the one who signed him. 

I'm fairly sure Balmer will be our first choice at the back when the league campaign starts. 

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

Stuparevic with some quality. Hopefully he starts next Saturday. 

The game's on Sunday.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Hegyi makes his first save. 

Clyde could have scored a few. We are trying to hang on against a part time team again due to the clown on the touchline.

Have a day off and stop talking pish.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Have seen very little of him, but I have said to a few folk that I think Stuperavic might be part of the answer to our creativity issues. He seems to put plenty of pace on his passes as opposed to some of the pedestrian passing from some others. Also drives at people. Early yet but I reckon he'll be key for us...

It’s funny what happens to an underperforming team once a couple of attackers who can play football outside of the box are subbed on. Take note, Stuart, because Thistle will provide a much sterner test than the League 1 and 2 teams we’ve played so far.

Excellent performance on a top quality surface, we're now motoring along nicely and should take a right few off Thistle next week.

I feared we would lose a bit when we lost the highly impressive Paton in the engine room, but Halliday took us to another level, they both carried young Miller and he'll learn a lot from these top pro's.

It's also clear to see that our front line has bags of goals in it, the inter-changing passing and dynamic movement was a joy to watch. A really well organised defence and excellent goalkeeper stopped this from being a rout.

Big shout out as well to the ref, he really is one of the best in the game.

What a fucking time to be alive.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2