L Cup Clyde v Motherwell 20/07/2024

SteelmaninOZ

52 minutes ago, MJC said:

We were the better side I’m not disputing that but we could easily have conceded more and did not look comfortable defending our lead, we never do especially under Kettlewell’s management. There were positives for us as you say and the biggest one of the lot is that we won the game which is the main thing in these games but performance wise we need to see an improvement if we aren’t to see a re-run of last season. 

I think it's telling that you turn the game into how many we could have conceded rather than enjoying the victory and looking at how many goals we could have scored. I do agree both areas need improving. As long as lessons are learned I can live with early season frustrations as players build up to full fitness and sharpness.

So to be positive rather than negative, I have seldom seen us create as many clear cut chances as we did yesterday. The one goal we did concede was down to a brain fart by Ebiye and following a clear foul on Casey which the referee ignored. (Casey booked for showing the referee the stud marks on his leg). But for two great saves denying Miller and a string of poor finishes from a host of players we could easily have scored eight or more goals. But I suspect if we had won 8-3 some folk would prefer to look at the 3 rather than the 8.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1