What Former Motherwell Players Would You Not Piss On If They Were On Fire (a bit of fun)

2 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

My List is 

Tony Watt

Chris Cadden 

Tom Boyd

Declan Gallagher

Fraser Wishart

they immediately cone to mind , anyone got any other c**ts 

Everyone an rsole.

I can only assume people hate Cadden because they didn't follow the actual story - or because they think he is some kind of financial scamming wizard (which is hilariouse).

He played over 100 games for us.

He left on freedom of contract to join an MLS side.

The MLS were in their first year of compensation payments and trying to win an argument with FIFA that all their clubs should be treated as Tier 4 for purposed of the payment formula.

Someone at the club confirmed that the SFA only allowed Cadden to be registered at Hibs on the condition we had received all we were owed.

There have been much more odious players at the club than guys like Cadden. Bob Malcolm springs immediately to mind.

I don't hold any animosity for Tony Watt. We knew exactly what we were getting when we signed him - a player that changed clubs more often that I change my socks. 11 clubs in 11 years - if you thought he was at Fir Park long term you weren't paying attention.

Cadden obviously knew he was signing with the Americans in an attempt to exploit a loophole to benefit Oxford. The contract he signed in the US was worth less than he was on at Fir Park so he knew exactly what he was doing. 

In the end he only shafted himself. The stereotypical thick footballer. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I can only assume people hate Cadden because they didn't follow the actual story - or because they think he is some kind of financial scamming wizard (which is hilariouse).

He played over 100 games for us.

He left on freedom of contract to join an MLS side.

The MLS were in their first year of compensation payments and trying to win an argument with FIFA that all their clubs should be treated as Tier 4 for purposed of the payment formula.

Someone at the club confirmed that the SFA only allowed Cadden to be registered at Hibs on the condition we had received all we were owed.

There have been much more odious players at the club than guys like Cadden. Bob Malcolm springs immediately to mind.

I don't hold any animosity for Tony Watt. We knew exactly what we were getting when we signed him - a player that changed clubs more often that I change my socks. 11 clubs in 11 years - if you thought he was at Fir Park long term you weren't paying attention.

Oxford United wanted Cadden but didn't want to pay the compensation fee of £400,000 he then went to the MLS where he played 8 games before going to Oxford United for fuck all. I'm still not convinced him and his agent didn't play us. The fact we finally got the fee to me is immaterial, I think his behaviour was suspect.

As dodgy as the deal that saw Gregor stevens go to Rangers when we refused to sell him to Rangers.

41 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Oxford United wanted Cadden but didn't want to pay the compensation fee of £400,000 he then went to the MLS where he played 8 games before going to Oxford United for fuck all. 

This isn't quite right. He didn't play at all for Columbus before he was loaned to Oxford and there wasn't even any photos of him in America. 

He only signed for Columbus on paper for the league minimum salary to save Oxford money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

My List is 

Tony Watt

Chris Cadden 

Tom Boyd

Declan Gallagher

Fraser Wishart

** Edit Oh Aye I forgot that wee dick Slavin and Paul Kinnaird 

Who is wee Dick Slavin? 🤣🤣, is it Paul Slane?

Tom Boyd possibly , despite being a cup winner 

Met the guy in Bothwell and spoke to him asking how he was , he blanked me 

Couldnt say the same about the likes of Owen Coyle , Michel Doesburg, Eliphas Shivute , Big Lee McCulloch to name a few 

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

This isn't quite right. He didn't play at all for Columbus before he was loaned to Oxford and there wasn't even any photos of him in America. 

He only signed for Columbus on paper for the league minimum salary to save Oxford money. 

I take it he played for them between the Oxford loan and signing for Hibs?

https://eu.dispatch.com/story/sports/mls/columbus-crew/2021/01/15/columbus-crew-sells-defender-chris-cadden-hibernian-fc/4176547001/

Declan Gallagher, Tony Watt the obvious ones. Here's one from left field, Alex Rod Gorrin. I don't hate the guy but I remember being a bit hurt by his departure. Especially with it being too such low a level as Oxford.

There’s players that I don’t like how they left us. I didn’t like Marvin Johnson claiming we were holding him hostage. After he had a good season with us. 

not a player but Mark McGhee. Absolute clown and shouldn’t be allowed near a dug out. 

I wasn’t a fan of the way cadden left either but I’m over it. 

it is what it is. I don’t necessarily have any ill will to the players but do for the agents. 

3 hours ago, Throughthelaces said:

There’s players that I don’t like how they left us. I didn’t like Marvin Johnson claiming we were holding him hostage. After he had a good season with us. 

not a player but Mark McGhee. Absolute clown and shouldn’t be allowed near a dug out. 

I wasn’t a fan of the way cadden left either but I’m over it. 

it is what it is. I don’t necessarily have any ill will to the players but do for the agents. 

I didnt know that about Marvin Johnston I just thought it was a straightforward move..

On 7/20/2024 at 6:15 PM, FirParkCornerExile said:

My List is 

Tony Watt

Chris Cadden 

Tom Boyd

Declan Gallagher

Fraser Wishart

** Edit Oh Aye I forgot that wee dick Slane and Paul Kinnaird -thanks for the correction

In the immortal words of Connor McLeod of the clan McLeod “there can be only one” and that one is Tom Boyd.

absolutely detest the man.

Fraser Wishart because he was pushing for a move to a “bigger club” and ended up at St Mirren? Those were pre Bosman times and players were commodities. Without checking Google, didn’t he go on to a prominent PFA role?

Out of curiosity, what has Paul Kinnaird done to boil your piss? 

7 hours ago, Gadgey said:

In the immortal words of Connor McLeod of the clan McLeod “there can be only one” and that one is Tom Boyd.

absolutely detest the man.

Fraser Wishart because he was pushing for a move to a “bigger club” and ended up at St Mirren? Those were pre Bosman times and players were commodities. Without checking Google, didn’t he go on to a prominent PFA role?

Out of curiosity, what has Paul Kinnaird done to boil your piss? 

He had never scored a goal in senior football when he came to us and st 34 games later when he left us he still hadn't scored a goal, he moved to St Mirren where lo and behold he scored his first ever goal in senior football to knock us out of the league cup. I assume that's why he is on the list.

Hard to think of anyone displacing Boyd in the Inventory of Infamy but a minor addition there might be Kallum (sic) Higginbotham, whom I seem to remember had some uncomplimentary things to say about us and was at the wind-up on one of his returns to Fir Park. Pity because he scored a cracker of a goal when on loan here.