What Former Motherwell Players Would You Not Piss On If They Were On Fire (a bit of fun)

Lee McCulloch must have been on decent money with us too, especially as we knocked back a reported bid of £1M from Hearts in late 99. It’s scary looking back at the money we were throwing about at that time and in reality we got very little in return for it.

1 hour ago, pretzel said:

Surely we blew our wage structure well and truly out the water unless Boyle was picking up the tab for many players. Andy Goram mentioned in his book he was on a fair wedge as was Kevin Twaddle when he rebuffed Hearts at one point to sign a new deal with us, he also mentioned in his book he squandered it at the bookies. Brannan, Goodman, Thomas & Curcic would also have been on great deals I'm sure.

Yes, but to a far lesser extent I would imagine as Spencer was on EPL wages when he came to us.

I see a couple of guys don't like Fraser Wishart; met him on holiday in 96 and got to talk to him about his transfer to St Mirren, the only reason he left us was that St Mirren had offered him funny money. Said that he loved his time at Fir Park and let me know that Big Eck was trying to get him back, which he did. Came across as very sound down to earth guy.

The one guy I cannot stand is Andy Walker, met him at a football function and attempted talk to him about his Motherwell days, he might as well have just told me to f*ck off. Absolute bell end.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Van der Gaagin' said:

I see a couple of guys don't like Fraser Wishart; met him on holiday in 96 and got to talk to him about his transfer to St Mirren, the only reason he left us was that St Mirren had offered him funny money. Said that he loved his time at Fir Park and let me know that Big Eck was trying to get him back, which he did. Came across as very sound down to earth guy.

The one guy I cannot stand is Andy Walker, met him at a football function and attempted talk to him about his Motherwell days, he might as well have just told me to f*ck off. Absolute bell end.

I played football with and know his cousin pretty well. Totally agree that Wishart is a decent guy. Does a pretty good job as head of the PFA too, by the sound/look of it.

Walker has always come across as a Grade A prick. He absolutely hated us chanting at him during The Masters all those years ago, too... I on the other hand, absolutely loved every second.

52 minutes ago, Van der Gaagin' said:

He's right up there with Tom Boyd, they think the green uglies are all theve done in their career.

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Watching killie game.....here's come an unpopular player....Liam Polworth......hopefully his wife not reading this

Another ex-ICT player who didn't exactly put a lot of effort in despite having an incredibly high opinion of himself - Iain Vigurs.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

Ooft now that was a ‘character’

Remember him battering Jim Griffin, big news at the time.

On 7/23/2024 at 4:31 PM, MJC said:

Lee McCulloch must have been on decent money with us too, especially as we knocked back a reported bid of £1M from Hearts in late 99. It’s scary looking back at the money we were throwing about at that time and in reality we got very little in return for it.

I don't think we ever got the chance to knock back Hearts, my memory is that any time we had an upcoming game with the Arse of Midlothian, Ba' faced Jeffries would plant the story with a pet journo that he wanted to sign him to try and unsettle him.

The same Jeffries that told his Kilmarnock players to take it in turn to kick seven shades out of Hammell every time we played them, once one got booked someone else took over that responsibility, it's a good job Jeffries has no 'Well connection or he would win this thread hands down.