• Ewan Wilson
    • Tony Watt
    • Tawanda Maswanhise
    • Moses Ebiye
    • Marvin Kaleta
    • Tom Sparrow
    • Kofi Balmer

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/24/2024 at 02:00 PM

Maswanhise will take it and rightly so but I thought that was a good team effort today. I gave it to Wilson. I was critical of him a few weeks back but I thought he was excellent today. He's growing in confidence with each passing game. Mention for Gordon also. The guy is the best CB we've had since Aldred. Wins tackles, goes to ground occasionally and rarely beaten in the air. Fantastic signing.

• Like 1

Went with McGinn. He makes a huge difference to Gordon's game as well as he only has to worry about Casey and not Blaney as well. Was shifted about as subbies changed things and just got on with it. 

Watt and Maswanhise made a huge difference when they came on simply by instinctively looking forward whenever they got the ball rather than sideways. But I tend not to give MOTM to a sub.. 

Maswanhise for me, he changed the game when he came on. SOD, McGinn & Wilson all played well as did the Ox. Miller continues to impress, several turns that gave him acres of space, I don't think we will be able to hold on to him for too much longer.

If there was an option for whoever coached them to keep a hold of the ball from our own throw-ins I may have voted for him/her, I haven't seen us manage to do that so often for years.

• Like 1

For me it has to be someone who played most, if not all, of the match so SO'Ds gets it for being solid defensively, supporting the attack and putting in some great crosses.  The recent criticism of Wilson seems overly harsh and I thought he had another good game.

Thought the defence were all pretty solid today (until right at the end).

SOD had a very good game and the 3 CBs dealt with everything comfortably for the most part.

Seddon looks like he has something about him and Wilson did well in a number of positions.

Watt added something when he came on and worked hard enough, although he does look a little bit off it fitness wise.

Miller was much better in the deeper role and continues to be a class act.

MOTM for me though was Maswanhise. He lit the game up when he came on. I suspect the vultures will begin circling if he keeps up that level of performance!

6 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Thought the defence were all pretty solid today (until right at the end).

SOD had a very good game and the 3 CBs dealt with everything comfortably for the most part.

Seddon looks like he has something about him and Wilson did well in a number of positions.

Watt added something when he came on and worked hard enough, although he does look a little bit off it fitness wise.

Miller was much better in the deeper role and continues to be a class act.

MOTM for me though was Maswanhise. He lit the game up when he came on. I suspect the vultures will begin circling if he keeps up that level of performance!

I’d say if he does that next game we should quickly see about making it a season long loan

5 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

I’d say if he does that next game we should quickly see about making it a season long loan

Not sure it is a loan.

Didnt Leicester release him?

He has been training with us for a few weeks.

8 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

You might be right, I’m not sure. 

Just checked.

Definitely released in the summer.

6 month deal with the club holding the option to extend.

Not sure Id be waiting too long before making that decision!

3 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Just checked.

Definitely released in the summer.

6 month deal with the club holding the option to extend.

Not sure Id be waiting too long before making that decision!

What read was that he had the option of extending the deal - Can’t remember where I seen it though. 

45 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

What read was that he had the option of extending the deal - Can’t remember where I seen it though. 

I only read the announcement on Twitter, but just checked the official site and it's confirmed there:

"Zimbabwean international Tawanda Maswanhise has signed on a short-term deal till January, with the club holding an option to extend that further."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I only read the announcement on Twitter, but just checked the official site and it's confirmed there:

"Zimbabwean international Tawanda Maswanhise has signed on a short-term deal till January, with the club holding an option to extend that further."

Hopefully the club website is  right but just checked where I might have read it and BBC piece says

Comfortable across the forward line, Maswanhise, who has three caps for his country, has the option to extend his stay at Fir Park beyond the new year in his contract.

8 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

Hopefully the club website is  right but just checked where I might have read it and BBC piece says

Comfortable across the forward line, Maswanhise, who has three caps for his country, has the option to extend his stay at Fir Park beyond the new year in his contract.

It did say that. Jan with an opinion to extend to the end of the season