Bois Boycott

Kmcalpin

57 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

a kid who was proven to be out of the country at the time of an alleged incident? OK, so the wrong individual was identified, mistakes happen no issue there.

It’s generational and oft fuelled by societal problems - so all of those allegedly causing issues outside the ground, setting off pyrotechnics and generally acting like arseholes are only doing because their dads done it or they don't have a good life, ok then bullshit

Unfortunately, some wishing not to be involved get caught up in any event - aye  I was just dressed up in my black shorts and block E,  T shirt, with my ski mask / balaclava minding my own business and out for a stroll with my mates, " standard we've done nothing wrong and are the victims" defence then.

You are right though football is light years away from the 70's and 80's and long may it continue. But certain rules need to be followed to ensure it remains a safe place to go to and from.

So support the club, bang your drum, create the tifos and the atmosphere in the ground, without the need for the pyrotechnics, and alleged shenanigans outside the ground and acting like arseholes. 

Point proved. You’re a nonsense.

I ain’t buying the mistaken identity given who made the error. The images pushed by the authorities and national press were so far removed from the kid it wasn’t even close. 

Generational was not aimed at any with any family connection - more that the movement’s come in cycles. This ultra phenomenon is a world away from my generation, for example.

The unfortunate claim was nothing to do with those wanting to be involved.

Carry on that tangent, offers nothing in the debate.

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

I think plenty said on all fronts regarding this so all I will input is what we need is WS, club and representatives of Bois to sit down and have an adult discussion and work on how things can be resolved going forward.

COYW

These discussions have been happening for over a decade!

Problem is someone has the ear of those with influence in the club and those same people won’t rock the boat.

6 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

These discussions have been happening for over a decade!

Problem is someone has the ear of those with influence in the club and those same people won’t rock the boat.

Totally understand pal. Would just be great if a good working relationship could get sorted . Fingers crossed 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Totally understand pal. Would just be great if a good working relationship could get sorted . Fingers crossed 

Would be.

Personally think any relationship will always be fraught as any indiscretion no matter the severity is jumped upon by the usual suspects who (and we know many have a hotline to Park) have the added measure of a QR code now.

Society have a big challenge in uniting our support as a whole.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dennyc said:

How sad is it that, the day after such a fantastic victory and performance, most of the talk is about a group of supporters who have so much to offer if only they were prepared to limit their actions to supporting the club and the community.

That is the biggest ‘tragedy’ about this whole ridiculous episode. That these attention seeking bams have got themselves attention by having Motherwell fans arguing about their behaviour rather than discussing the team itself and our first league victory of the season. 

As I said earlier if they just supported the team without all the shenanigans with pyro, jumping on the park, shouting abuse at stewards, covering their faces and puffing their chests out like pigeons the second they are inevitably challenged for their behaviour then they wouldn’t have any issues whatsoever. 

But clearly they value their status as a group more than supporting the club itself otherwise they wouldn’t deprive the club and the team of their support. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I can't link this as I'm on my phone and not a desktop but according to stats that are on the Scottish govt website Motherwell banned 13 fans in a ten year period. And we banned 4 from the season 2017/18 to 2020/21. The second lot of figures was from the Daily Express but that's all that a Google search showed up for me. 

Other people will be able to find out other stats I'm sure. 

(I was just curious to know, that's why I googled). 

7 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Would those figures include away fans? If not, why not?

It didn't say but I assume it's home fans. The first set of figures are on the Scottish govt website. It looks like it's home fans. The stats were also broken down to the point that apparently at Feb 2018 there was one active banning order at MFC. 

Someone made an FOI request for the Govt figures and the second is from a daily express article. Although the newspaper article said numbers could rise as cases were processed. 

21 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

It didn't say but I assume it's home fans. The first set of figures are on the Scottish govt website. It looks like it's home fans. 

I've no idea how these things work, but you'd think bans should also apply to errant away fans in the interests of consistency. 

26 minutes ago, Cameron_Mcd said:

Pretty much 3 pages worth of this Screenshot_20240826-2146272.thumb.png.328c99b7cff60624a19062bb10ec93c3.png

That indicates that its an issue that requires open debate and discussion. A range of different views have been raised so far. Just a pity that it's overshadowing yesterday's game but it is what it is. 

• Like 1

I don't think it's overshadowing yesterday's game. I haven't seen it mentioned in the media, and it's only a small number of posters discussing.

Regardless, I'd propose a 2 step solution:

Step 1. If you're a fan and behaving like a ned, stop it.

Step 2. If you're a club official and overstepping your authority, stop it.

Now that's done I'm off to sort out the cease-fire talks in Cairo.

• Haha 2

I don't sit with the Well bois/block e sometimes they are great and sometimes they annoy me but overall they do bring a bit of atmosphere, therefore I would say I sit on the fence.

What I do agree with is the attitude of a club employee who seems to think he runs the club and I think his influence and opinions rub off on other staff members, he maybe needs a sit down and told he isn't Robocop and he is now speaking to paying customers who's attendance is crucial to the future of the club.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

considering the damage Celtic fans do on every visit there should be hundreds banned.

There’s nothing I would love more than for us to ban that vermin from Fir Park but in reality we couldn’t actually do it and even if we attempted it then it would cause more problems than it would be worst.

What you would almost certainly get is Celtic fans buying up home end tickets in their hundreds which would put our fans safety in jeopardy and as a result would put Motherwell fans off going to the game.

The ‘Well Bhois’ would no doubt stage another joint protest with the Green Brigade about their unfair treatment, probably buy them tickets for ‘block E’ so they can stand in solidarity with them, or lick their boots. :rolleyes:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, MJC said:

There’s nothing I would love more than for us to ban that vermin from Fir Park but in reality we couldn’t actually do it and even if we attempted it then it would cause more problems than it would be worst.

What you would almost certainly get is Celtic fans buying up home end tickets in their hundreds which would put our fans safety in jeopardy and as a result would put Motherwell fans off going to the game.

The ‘Well Bhois’ would no doubt stage another joint protest with the Green Brigade about their unfair treatment, probably buy them tickets for ‘block E’ so they can stand in solidarity with them, or lick their boots. :rolleyes:

You’re a fucking weirdo. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Mootherwell86 said:

You’re a fucking weirdo. 

“Fucking weirdo”

”Tells it as I see it”

”Uncomfortable truths”

”Tomato”

“Toe-may-toe”

”Not buying the Well Bois bullshit”

”Fucking weirdo”

There it is anyway :rolleyes:

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, MJC said:

“Fucking weirdo”

”Tells it as I see it”

”Uncomfortable truths”

”Tomato”

“Toe-may-toe”

”Not buying the Well Bois bullshit”

”Fucking weirdo”

There it is anyway :rolleyes:

What in the name of the wee man are you actually going on about?

Do you genuinely think the block e/well bois/whatever they're called are all pally-wally with the Green brigade? Or are you just looking for a reaction?

Recent goings on would suggest they don't like each other very much at all.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

Are they not going to away games either?

The statement the other day said they were boycotting the Hearts game last Sunday, I suspect that barring any dramas between now and Sunday they'll be in Perth on Saturday.

12 hours ago, MJC said:

There were plenty in the stands n Skippy Sunday, they were dealt with accordingly by those who could.

Anyway, are you ok? 

First of all I saw people that were supposed to be boycotting in other sections of the stand so I'm guessing not all are as united on the boycott as it would appear.

Secondly the atmosphere was better on Saturday.  More natural, less choreographed, singing from all areas/stands and no constant drum or that intolerable with the megaphone.

Thirdly I've not gone to away games for a couple of years but before that I used to go to virtually every away game and the behaviour of a section of our fans was utterly embarrasing and very worthy of police involvement.  I doubt it's changed much.

Fourthly, I have no contacts inside Fir Park, but I've been told by others the club has generally been fairly supportive of our ultras (in whatever iteration) and yet every time the club has asked them not to cross lines, pyro for instance, they have repaid the club with intransigence and defiance over the issues.

Fifthly, groups trying to use their fan power as leverage against the club over the kind of issues that they have is the kind of self absorbed behaviour that almost all of these groups end up displaying.  It's arrogant and self regarding.  When supporters groups put their own interests before the clubs, especially on issues that can harm the club reputationally, legally or financially, then those fans have overstepped the mark.

It's clear these types of groups always put their own interests ahead of the clubs. while masquerading as diehard fans.  I'm pretty confident many of these guys will never buy an adult ticket.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

What in the name of the wee man are you actually going on about?

Do you genuinely think the block e/well bois/whatever they're called are all pally-wally with the Green brigade? Or are you just looking for a reaction?

Recent goings on would suggest they don't like each other very much at all.

Perhaps not the entire group, but from what I have seen and heard for myself over the years there are certainly some members of that section that are on good terms with certain Green Brigade members. Certain ones I’ve had the misfortune to encounter seem to share similar ‘political’ outlooks as well and are extremely aggressive about it into the bargain. 

Then you take into account that the Well Bois willingly stood shoulder to shoulder with the GB at Fir Park and held a joint protest over heavy handed policing less than two years after that Friday night game where the Celtic support led by the GB caused thousands of pounds worth of damage to the South Stand. Yet they went along with that regardless. 

Then you’ve got all the behaviours and tactics which are similar to that of the Green Brigade…

Being aggressive and confrontational to police and stewards then immediately playing the victim card when challenged. The pyro, the banners, the pitch invasions. Churning out big long winded statements calling for boycotts and trying to manipulate and lead the rest of the support into following them. Even dressing in a similar way with face coverings albeit without the dark green jackets, instead they wear all black. 

As I said, so much of their behaviour is very Green Brigade.

Ya_bezzers post above puts it a lot better than I could with the key point being that groups like this seem to put themselves and their interests before that of the clubs. That’s exactly how I see the Well Bois I’m afraid.

8 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

First of all I saw people that were supposed to be boycotting in other sections of the stand so I'm guessing not all are as united on the boycott as it would appear.

My understanding is that they are boycotting that section, and not engaging in their usual support of the team ie flags, banners, drum etc...I was in the Main Stand and know for definite that there were young lads in there who wouldn't normally be

Secondly the atmosphere was better on Saturday.  More natural, less choreographed, singing from all areas/stands and no constant drum or that intolerable with the megaphone.

Not having it at all, the atmosphere was dogshite until we scored,  the Hearts fans were in far more bouyant mood...which can probably be corroborated by the Hearts fans jeering when the 1st rendition of a song came from the East Stand, well into the game. The drum, megaphone etc might not be your cup of tea or mine, Fir Park was definitely a quieter place without it...until we scored

Thirdly I've not gone to away games for a couple of years but before that I used to go to virtually every away game and the behaviour of a section of our fans was utterly embarrasing and very worthy of police involvement.  I doubt it's changed much.

For as long as I've supported the club, we've had people who will behave in a way that will trigger the attention of the police...nothing new here.

Fourthly, I have no contacts inside Fir Park, but I've been told by others the club has generally been fairly supportive of our ultras (in whatever iteration) and yet every time the club has asked them not to cross lines, pyro for instance, they have repaid the club with intransigence and defiance over the issues.

3rd hand stuff...must be true

Fifthly, groups trying to use their fan power as leverage against the club over the kind of issues that they have is the kind of self absorbed behaviour that almost all of these groups end up displaying.  It's arrogant and self regarding.  When supporters groups put their own interests before the clubs, especially on issues that can harm the club reputationally, legally or financially, then those fans have overstepped the mark.

Their mates have been banned from the stadium, based on 'the polis said so'...if my mates got barred from a boozer because their face didnt fit, I'd think twice about how much financial support I'd be giving that boozer in the future. Football clubs take, and always have taken, supporters passion for their team for granted.

It's clear these types of groups always put their own interests ahead of the clubs. while masquerading as diehard fans.  I'm pretty confident many of these guys will never buy an adult ticket.  

Don't know where to start with this nonsense 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1