Bois Boycott

Kmcalpin

Just now, grizzlyg said:

Liam Gallagher wants into a chippy and says "ayyyyyyyyyyy bag of chips please mate"

Guy behind counter says "you want a roll with it?"

Thank you.....good night 🤪🤪

But does he live in a house.. A very big house in the country? 

(Oasis were robbed in my view of the number one). 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Liam Gallagher wants into a chippy and says "ayyyyyyyyyyy bag of chips please mate"

He is back then and true to form that cruise ship must have been good :russian:

1 hour ago, wellgirl said:

But does he live in a house.. A very big house in the country? 

(Oasis were robbed in my view of the number one). 

Blur for me are 10 x the band Oasis are 

Albeit Country House was a load of guff

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Liam Gallagher walks into a chippy and says "ayyyyyyyyyyy bag of chips please mate"

And Lady Gaga was behind him.   She wanted a Poke Of Chips. 🤣🤣

On 8/30/2024 at 1:29 PM, Spiderpig said:

Take away all of the hype and tradition around supporting football clubs and That's exactly what they are, paying customers of a business just like any other leisure activity, cinema, restaurants, health clubs etc etc.  So as I mentioned before certain polices, codes of conduct etc need to be followed as a condition of buy that particular service.

It's up to the club to ensure these conditions are not detrimental and actually make Fir park a better place to pay to go to.

Yes, but you can't dismiss all the excitement and tradition associated with supporting a football club. You're essentially saying, "If our football club weren't actually a football club..." but it is. And it's fan-owned to boot.

There aren't any fan-owned cinemas, gyms, or restaurants with such a devoted following of individuals who are there week in and week out, scrutinising the ins and outs behind the scenes.

If Motherwell were just another business, we’d likely be sitting here now looking forward to the era of Barmack. In a traditional business, decisions are made by the executive board, while "customers" don’t tend to care all that much.

We can’t ask the fans to be vocal and express their views, making those in charge uncomfortable when it suits—such as with a dubious bid—and then complain when those same fans voice their opinions on other issues.

I thought football fans didn't want to be treated differently to everyone else? Is that not the main reason The Offensive Behaviour at Football Act was repealed?

I love the idea that they are now claiming they weren't boycotting the Hearts game only their usual section. Hilarious. 

Noone is going to take anything they say seriously until they at least acknowledge the have as a group made mistakes and behaved poorly. You can do all the food drive an bucket collection you want but people aren't daft, more than enough have seen first hand their behaviour to judge them accordingly.

Well Bhois - they did that one to themselves!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Pepper said:

I thought football fans didn't want to be treated differently to everyone else? Is that not the main reason The Offensive Behaviour at Football Act was repealed?

It doesn't really matter if they want to be or not, in many ways they are. 

Man, the sheer bitterness from some of our fans towards a segment of the younger support is actually embarrassing. 

"You can do all the food drive an bucket collection you want but people aren't daft"

Fucking hell. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, David said:

a segment of the younger support is actually embarrassing. 

Corrected your post for you, irrespective of what people think it seems a minority have crossed the line a few times, so is it any surprise individuals are being banned. Stick to the singing, tifos, creating a good matchday atmosphere etc etc and there will be no issue's 

Be the Motherwell ultras and not some bunch of wannabe green brigade clones, with a political agenda and actively seeking confrontation at every turn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

Corrected your post for you, irrespective of what people think it seems a minority have crossed the line a few times, so is it any surprise individuals are being banned. Stick to the singing, tifos, creating a good matchday atmosphere etc etc and there will be no issue's 

Be the Motherwell ultras and not some bunch of wannabe green brigade clones, with a political agenda and actively seeking confrontation at every turn.

Thanks for proving my point 😂

5 hours ago, David said:

Man, the sheer bitterness from some of our fans towards a segment of the younger support is actually embarrassing. 

"You can do all the food drive an bucket collection you want but people aren't daft"

Fucking hell. 

I have the utmost sympathy for anyone who has been wrongly charged or unfairly banned from Fir Park. But I'm sure a supporter posted on here that there was a physical alteration with a couple of the well bois when he and his wife went to an away game and they weren't wearing Motherwell colours because they wrongly thought he was an away fan. That's clearly the stuff that needs to stop - obviously. 

5 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I have the utmost sympathy for anyone who has been wrongly charged or unfairly banned from Fir Park. But I'm sure a supporter posted on here that there was a physical alteration with a couple of the well bois when he and his wife went to an away game and they weren't wearing Motherwell colours because they wrongly thought he was an away fan. That's clearly the stuff that needs to stop - obviously. 

Again, absolutely no one is saying that the younger element of our fanbase is perfect. In fact, I'd go as far as saying that none of our fanbase is perfect, full stop. 

What is embarrassing is the way the young lads are looked down upon and basically sneered at by an element of our fanbase. I have no time for that. 

"you can do all the food drives and bucket collections you want but people aren't daft"? What kind of patter is that? I'd wager that the lads who run those initiatives have done a lot more for the local community than many who choose to sneer at them.

I've actually got more time for the guys with their "annoying" drum and their over the top enthusiasm than I have the older types who like to spend 90 minutes red in the face while they hurl obscenities at guys who are often teenagers or in their early twenties. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, David said:

Again, absolutely no one is saying that the younger element of our fanbase is perfect. In fact, I'd go as far as saying that none of our fanbase is perfect, full stop. 

What is embarrassing is the way the young lads are looked down upon and basically sneered at by an element of our fanbase. I have no time for that. 

"you can do all the food drives and bucket collections you want but people aren't daft"? What kind of patter is that? I'd wager that the lads who run those initiatives have done a lot more for the local community than many who choose to sneer at them.

I've actually got more time for the guys with their "annoying" drum and their over the top enthusiasm than I have the older types who like to spend 90 minutes red in the face while they hurl obscenities at guys who are often teenagers or in their early twenties. 

I concur.

1 hour ago, David said:

The person in the previous post said that himself and his wife had been threatened and abused by fans - I'm assuming he meant some of the well bois. I'm not perfect. Far from it but I've never gone to a game and threatened anyone. I think there has to be some kind of balance where people can appreciate the decent things that the well bois do - and say if they have concerns as well.

There are people in our fan base that sneer at lots of people. We do have a toxic element in our fanbase on and offline.The only concern I have is that Motherwell fans abusing other Motherwell fans really doesn't reflect well on us. No more than that. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, David said:

Spot on...the 'wee dicks' will be propping the club up long after the 'auld dicks' are no longer able to.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

The person in the previous post said that himself and his wife had been threatened and abused by fans - I'm assuming he meant some of the well bois. I'm not perfect. Far from it but I've never gone to a game and threatened anyone. I think there has to be some kind of balance where people can appreciate the decent things that the well bois do - and say if they have concerns as well.

There are people in our fan base that sneer at lots of people. We do have a toxic element in our fanbase on and offline.The only concern I have is that Motherwell fans abusing other Motherwell fans really doesn't reflect well on us. No more than that. 

So what was it? A physical altercation or threats?

Neither are acceptable, but let's keep it factual 

7 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

So what was it? A physical altercation or threats?

Neither are acceptable, but let's keep it factual 

He said that they were abused and threatened as I said in previous posts. You're completely right - it potentially wasn't a physical altercation. 

Folk acknowledge and support the good things that the Bois bring to games. Long may it continue.  Perth last week being a great example of the atmosphere and support they can provide. Drum included.  And the community work they have driven through various initiatives over the years. I have not read one poster decrying those contributions. Quite the opposite.

But what I do see are a few, no matter what is reported and no matter what people who witnessed incidents say, refusing to acknowledge that the Bois actions at times are over the top and on occasion a throw back to the intimidation and violence of years past. Any mention of the incident in Dundee (which did happen), the trashing of a pub in Kilmarnock (which did happen), the street battle in Kirkcaldy (which did happen) or the threatening of a female Well supporter at Dingwall (which did happen) are met with 'That did not happen' or ' Get the facts straight'. To be clear,  I and the people with me witnessed three of those examples, and a mate witnessed the fourth. No-one can deny pyrotechnics are an issue as well. Or does that not happen either?

It may well be a small minority who are causing the trouble (I genuinely believe it is) but sadly the whole group then comes under the spotlight. If some have wrongly come to the attention of the Police and the Club have been involved in that, then that is wrong and needs addressed. As a separate issue.  The fact the Bois are supported by some who are in complete denial and/or have influence within the Well Society only makes matters less likely to change and provides encouragement to continue the nonsense.. And it's not an age thing either, so  let's knock that lie on the head straight up..  Another tactic used to deflect from the fact that there are issues which need sorted. 

Back to what I understand was an incident free Perth. There was a huge Police presence around the stadium and a large number of Stewards inside. May always be the case at St Johnstone of course, but from memory it was a lot more than usual. Interesting to see what police numbers turn up at Aberdeen. Are Motherwell now High Risk?

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, dennyc said:

But what I do see are a few, no matter what is reported and no matter what people who witnessed incidents say, refusing to acknowledge that the Bois actions at times are over the top and on occasion a throw back to the intimidation and violence of years past. Any mention of the incident in Dundee (which did happen), the trashing of a pub in Kilmarnock (which did happen), the street battle in Kirkcaldy (which did happen) or the threatening of a female Well supporter at Dingwall (which did happen) are met with 'That did not happen' or ' Get the facts straight'. To be clear,  I and the people with me witnessed three of those examples, and a mate witnessed the fourth. No-one can deny pyrotechnics are an issue as well. Or does that not happen either?

You can ask 10 persons in any event described and likely receive 10 different versions.

Don't see many denying any of the going ons, but, the perception of some is far and away from the reality what has happened in many cases.

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

You can ask 10 persons in any event described and likely receive 10 different versions.

Don't see many denying any of the going ons, but, the perception of some is far and away from the reality what has happened in many cases.

Accepting that incidents have taken place is a start at least. Different versions or not the fact is that lines have been crossed and Police/Club are being forced to intervene. How many Police do you imagine will be at Aberdeen? I do get that innocent folk have been unfairly caught up and that is wrong. The sooner that stops the better. 

As for ‘not many’ denying events. Playing them down as high jinx, or youthful exuberance, or an exaggeration, or justified is tantamount to condoning them.  A certain Society Board Member needs to think on that and achieve some perspective. 
And if you care to check back at previous discussions, I think you were one of a good few who forcefully said I was  misinterpreting events when I highlighted the fact that a woman sat a few rows in front of me was abused when she complained about liquid being thrown at SOD when he attempted to take a throw in. Apologies if you were not that poster. But the gist was ‘That did not happen’. 
And in this thread we have one poster attempting to downplay matters when a fan and his wife were abused, by distinguishing between verbal threats of violence and actual physical violence. Really! I’m pretty sure whichever it was was pretty frightening. Or is one just high jinx and the other of concern? 
We also have another poster saying that football disorder is part of Society and we just have to accept it. It’s what folk do nowadays. And as we know that to be a fact, we can have no complaint if things kick off at matches we choose to attend. Any trouble I have witnessed has been at away matches, but that same poster confirmed he does not attend away matches that often. Perth was a huge step forward though so I’m hopeful that step forward continues. 
Look, I enjoy and respect what the Bois can bring to a game. Including the drum and the banners. Not so much the Ninja like face coverings we saw at the Clyde tie though. I certainly do not want to see them boycotting games or being banned. But I detest some of the behaviour (from a minority I am told) which I have personally witnessed inside and outside some grounds. I believe most fans think similarly and try to take a balanced view. But I don’t see much balance from those that appear to defend the Bois no matter what. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

I concur.

Of course you do. 

Every post about the young team you appear to defend them no matter what has happened before vanishing like a fart in the wind again until the next issue arises. 

Previously you pointed out when they tore up a Killie pub that it was all innocent fans who were charged that weren't in the country (that old chestnut) and repeated a similar stance lately about the recent protests. For someone not in the know you must have some set of contacts. 

You were even spreading misinformation about Bob Park allowing Rangers to do a fan display in the past while at the same time denying ours which was proven untrue unsurprisingly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dennyc said:

Accepting that incidents have taken place is a start at least. Different versions or not the fact is that lines have been crossed and Police/Club are being forced to intervene. How many Police do you imagine will be at Aberdeen? I do get that innocent folk have been unfairly caught up and that is wrong. The sooner that stops the better. 

As for ‘not many’ denying events. Playing them down as high jinx, or youthful exuberance, or an exaggeration, or justified is tantamount to condoning them.  A certain Society Board Member needs to think on that and achieve some perspective. 
And if you care to check back at previous discussions, I think you were one of a good few who forcefully said I was  misinterpreting events when I highlighted the fact that a woman sat a few rows in front of me was abused when she complained about liquid being thrown at SOD when he attempted to take a throw in. Apologies if you were not that poster. But the gist was ‘That did not happen’. 
And in this thread we have one poster attempting to downplay matters when a fan and his wife were abused, by distinguishing between verbal threats of violence and actual physical violence. Really! I’m pretty sure whichever it was was pretty frightening. Or is one just high jinx and the other of concern? 
We also have another poster saying that football disorder is part of Society and we just have to accept it. It’s what folk do nowadays. And as we know that to be a fact, we can have no complaint if things kick off at matches we choose to attend. Any trouble I have witnessed has been at away matches, but that same poster confirmed he does not attend away matches that often. Perth was a huge step forward though so I’m hopeful that step forward continues. 
Look, I enjoy and respect what the Bois can bring to a game. Including the drum and the banners. Not so much the Ninja like face coverings we saw at the Clyde tie though. I certainly do not want to see them boycotting games or being banned. But I detest some of the behaviour (from a minority I am told) which I have personally witnessed inside and outside some grounds. I believe most fans think similarly and try to take a balanced view. But I don’t see much balance from those that appear to defend the Bois no matter what. 

Well said, great post some people don't want to know the reality as it does not fit their agendas that the block E  lads are all angels and never get into any trouble, at all.  I've no doubt most of them are blameless but the minority causing the issues are getting them all tarred with the same brush.

• Like 2