Cup Motherwell v Dundee United 20/09/2024

SteelmaninOZ

Good video.

Maybe a bit OTT for a cup quarter final. But given the drive the Society have been on to try and increase the attendance, it cant do any harm.

Not sure it will work with the game being live on tv but the naysayers cant complain about effort or intent.

Well done.

• Like 1

Can't make it to this one as I am off to a wedding in East Lothian. Would love to see us have a go from the start and not in the last 10 mins of the 2nd half. A lot of questions over who starts etc but can't see Kettlewell tinkering much, if at all. Personally I'd go for the below. Hopefully ApStam makes the bench

Hegyi

SOD Balmer Gordon Casey Wilson

Halliday          Miller

Sparrow (or Jair or Tawanda)

Vale         Moses 

14 minutes ago, witchfindergeneral said:

Can't make it to this one as I am off to a wedding in East Lothian. Would love to see us have a go from the start and not in the last 10 mins of the 2nd half. A lot of questions over who starts etc but can't see Kettlewell tinkering much, if at all. Personally I'd go for the below. Hopefully ApStam makes the bench

Hegyi

SOD Balmer Gordon Casey Wilson

Halliday          Miller

Sparrow (or Jair or Tawanda)

Vale         Moses 

My only question there is why drop Ox? He's not done anything spectacularly wrong to deserve it (granted, I've not seen anything from Saturday). Unless it's rotational/give Heygi a shot in the cups?

I'd also prefer Davor over Halliday, but I love the wee man.

1 hour ago, StAndrew7 said:

My only question there is why drop Ox? He's not done anything spectacularly wrong to deserve it (granted, I've not seen anything from Saturday). Unless it's rotational/give Heygi a shot in the cups?

I'd also prefer Davor over Halliday, but I love the wee man.

Aye to give Hegyi a shot. Maybe too much of a "big game" to drop yer first choice goalie though so won't complain either way. Again not bothered if it's Davor or Halliday starting, just not both at the same time. McGinn probably won't be dropped, which is fine, but if that's the case then Kaleta should be in over SOD. 

This game is a problem.

Plan A doesn't work. Plan B has proven last season and this season has worked for the last 30 mins of football games.

Could the support accept watching Plan B from the start of the game?

I'm bored a lot of the games watching the same old. If you play Plan B you could see us win 5-0 against Ross County and lose 5-0 to Dundee as an example.

But let's dig a bit deeper. If you play with more strikers you pen people in at the back and this is why this crazy 5-1-4 you see at the end of games tends to work, as they have to subsequently keep more players back. Continuing with the 5 at the back defends breakaways. It becomes really really open in the midfield obviously.

I'd love to see it but expect the same old against United with simply a few changes to the players.

What's the thoughts of the forum, love to see it or simply nonsense?

52 minutes ago, wunderwell said:

This game is a problem.

Plan A doesn't work. Plan B has proven last season and this season has worked for the last 30 mins of football games.

Could the support accept watching Plan B from the start of the game?

I'm bored a lot of the games watching the same old. If you play Plan B you could see us win 5-0 against Ross County and lose 5-0 to Dundee as an example.

But let's dig a bit deeper. If you play with more strikers you pen people in at the back and this is why this crazy 5-1-4 you see at the end of games tends to work, as they have to subsequently keep more players back. Continuing with the 5 at the back defends breakaways. It becomes really really open in the midfield obviously.

I'd love to see it but expect the same old against United with simply a few changes to the players.

What's the thoughts of the forum, love to see it or simply nonsense?

I would love to see us come out the traps on the front foot but I doubt SK will set us up like that

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Live on TV hasn't stopped 2000 Dundee Utd fans buying tickets. Seriously our support needs a real shock.

The Cooper Stand seems to be more full than the Hunter just now - am sure folk will buy tomorrow. I've not bought my ticket yet. Im skint so if I had a tv I'd probably watch it there - but I don't. For me any games I get to over and above my season ticket is a bonus but I will try and go on Friday 

1 hour ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

East Stand and Cooper stand here , blue seats are available , piss poor image.thumb.jpeg.0424b74c08417896f325edb8f508485f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6f6a344f8a44cf1634216b4614868098.jpeg

That’s shocking! This is what happens when TV dictates what games go live.

Why can’t they show a live midweek game from Dingwall ? 

However, as they say “It will be all right on the night “ Let’s hope so.

COYW

9 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

East Stand and Cooper stand here , blue seats are available , piss poor 

I think there'll be a fair few people buying on Friday; it's pay day for quite a few folks so they might have to wait.

If I get along it'll be a game time (probably within an hour of kick off) decision for a variety of reasons, so hopefully there's more folk in that boat, too.

42 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Doesn't look accurate as my seat is showing as blue as are my mates and we have all bought ours. I had heard we had sold 5500 home tickets 

I hope you are right, but find it hard to believe - even we - would advertise seats as available when they are not. Would lead to absolute carnage at the games. One of my biggest concerns abut the club is how stubborn our crowd numbers are to shift. We rarely rise above 4500 or below 3500 home fans whereas a few clubs seem to see bigger swings in the good times. I do think its crazy that fans cant just rock up on the day of most league games and have to go to the ticket office beforehand. No other business would make it so difficult for fans to part with their money. If anyone is on the Well Society board or knows someone who is can they ask why the club just cant have a QR code on the wall beside the turnstiles where folk scan the code get their ticket and get in (I do accept not everyone has a mobile phone but even in these days that must be less than 1% of the population). 

1 hour ago, StAndrew7 said:

I think there'll be a fair few people buying on Friday; it's pay day for quite a few folks so they might have to wait.

If I get along it'll be a game time (probably within an hour of kick off) decision for a variety of reasons, so hopefully there's more folk in that boat, too.

Total sales sitting above 6k as of this morning. 

Interestingly, data shows that the vast majority of our fans purchase within 48 hours of the match, no doubt payday will be a factor like you said. 

Here's hoping we can add a good few more on to that total before kick-off on Friday. A huge thank you to every member of the Society who has volunteered to get the word out there and raise the profile of the match and the Society. Initiatives like such take time to build and growth doesn't always come overnight but developing connections in our community and regularly having a visible presence in the town and surrounding areas is key to getting results off the park. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

One of my biggest concerns abut the club is how stubborn our crowd numbers are to shift. We rarely rise above 4500 or below 3500 home fans whereas a few clubs seem to see bigger swings in the good times.

It’s to be expected when the manager serves up crap, the CEO locks out kids, and the stadium facilities manager does his best to vilify fans. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I hope you are right, but find it hard to believe - even we - would advertise seats as available when they are not. Would lead to absolute carnage at the games. One of my biggest concerns abut the club is how stubborn our crowd numbers are to shift. We rarely rise above 4500 or below 3500 home fans whereas a few clubs seem to see bigger swings in the good times. I do think its crazy that fans cant just rock up on the day of most league games and have to go to the ticket office beforehand. No other business would make it so difficult for fans to part with their money. If anyone is on the Well Society board or knows someone who is can they ask why the club just cant have a QR code on the wall beside the turnstiles where folk scan the code get their ticket and get in (I do accept not everyone has a mobile phone but even in these days that must be less than 1% of the population). 

Got me intrigued so i had to check out my seat. It is greyed out so fine, but what I did find when I started a fresh purchase was that not all seats shown in blue offer a seat number when hovered over. Some do but most don't. So I guess that despite the 'blue' coding on most, they possibly have been purchased but did not turn grey when sold. Certainly is confusing though.