In's And Out's

AndyRoss

The BBC is reporting Stokes was on £14k a week at Sunderland. Hibs must be paying a fortune for him unless he's agreed a ridiculous cut in wages. If the reports of Hughes not getting on with Riordan true, they might try to offload him. Not that we could afford the waster though.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else think the reason we are not hearing anything on our new striker might be we may have been beaten to the signing by some other side,J.G did say that this signing would probably be a loan which to me says there was a chance of getting him in permanently.Could it have been Stokes? hope i'm wrong, but just a thought...

On the Beeb interview, JG said the discsussions were 'protracted" and the deal might not be done in time for the weekend.

Aye, I listened to that and thought things probably wouldn't be done in time for tomorrow. Hopefully we can still bring him in after some heavy negotiating by the sounds of things.

aye, he stopped playing in the spl.
Aye, he stopped playing in the SPL and managed 1 goal out of 25 games in the Championship. If you can't score in that league (where the eventual winners condeded 52 goals last season), there is something seriously wrong. Just ask Rosco.

Anybody else think the reason we are not hearing anything on our new striker might be we may have been beaten to the signing by some other side,

Quite possibly. I don't think this new striker will be the difference between us winning and losing tomorrow anyway. I'm more concerned Slane might not be fit and will we cope with Kylie.

I thought he was just playing for them. I'd take him on a short-term deal. We need a bit of physical presence and he's scored goals everywhere he's went. A bit of experience in the squad wouldn't go amiss either.

You're taking the piss right? He's about the same weight as Murphy and Slane put together.