Flamaturi V Motherwell

jonnymfc

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the first thing about Flamaturi and couldn't even guess at their ability, but I'd expect an SPL side to be able to beat the sixth best team in Albania over two legs. We shall see.

Or..

The Albanians will be thinking exactly the same, "surely we can beat the 7th best side in Scotland, who only qualified by playing nice and not putting a tackle in for the remaining 5 games of there season, who in there first round lost to a Welsh (insert the Albanian for "pub team")".

We have no idea about how good the Albanian League is, we know it won't be that great. But, they still qualifed on merit via their National Cup, something which we never, that can't be discredited (unless these match-fixing allegations are true).. B-)

Is someone at the wind up??

Fernando Morientes??

His name does not appear on their squad list on the UEFA website but!!!!! he could be their wildcard B-)

Is someone at the wind up??

Fernando Morientes??

His name does not appear on their squad list on the UEFA website but!!!!! he could be their wildcard :doh:

My mate is a die hard Flamuntari fan and he said he saw Morientes outside Flamuntari Park yesterday....so he looks like he is the wildcard B-)

As has been said, we know nothing about them so all I'm hoping for is a result that we can do something with in Airdrie, a 1-0, 2-1 or even 2-0 defeat may not be too bad a bad result. The conditions over there will be difficult, hopefully their guys are diving coonts so we can get our players to the sidelines for water!!

Came across this recent news on Morientes. Also been linked with a host of other top European clubs....

Fiorentina are looking to reinforce their squad ahead of the Champions League qualifying round but have failed to bring in a new striker thus far.

After considering Julio Cruz, Goran Pandev, Marco Borriello, and Cristiano Lucarelli, a new option has emerged in Fernando Morientes, who could be brought in to back-up Alberto Gilardino.

The veteran hitman is now a free-agent after three years with Valencia, but his experience in Europe has put him on the Viola's shopping list, according to the Corriere dello Sport.

Morientes only managed seven goals in 32 appearances for los Che last season in all competitions, mostly featuring as a substitute.

However, he did win three Champions League titles with Real Madrid and also made an appearance in the final with Monaco.The Spaniard has also been linked with a lucrative move to Qatar and French giants Lyon.

I'd be happy with any kind of a draw at this stage. They are an unknown quantity to us but, really, so are we right now!

May we have a slight advantage in that we have played two competive games already? It certainly is given as a reason why we don't do well at other times. I agree though it's all guess work really.

It does seems strange that the club weren't on the ball with this one.

However, we must push on with what we have. No idea how good/bad/indifferent they are but the heat, humidity and local crowd will make it tough for us.

If we could come back with a draw I'd be delighted.

See we are flying out tonight in order to play the game tomorrow at 4,30pm our time. Anyone think this is a good idea or would you prefer to have longer to aclimitise (get ready sorry my spelling is atrosiou.... at.... Bad)?

I know thats what New Zealand all blacks do when they are playing at altitude but heat might be different.